Monday, March 27, 2006

Frankenshoe Rising

Just received word that the Frankenshoe is not totalled and can be resurrected for a mere $5,682.37, to be collected from Ms. Dumber-than-a-bag-of-hair's insurance company, if said insurance company actually exists. Our insurance rep said he's having a hard time getting someone at ... ahem ... Dairyland Insurance to actually answer the freaking phone.

Sigh.

She probably bought her insurance at the county fair, or from some guy standing on a street corner in an overcoat going, "Psssst. Come here." Whatever. This woman messed with the 'Shoe. She is going to pay to repair it if I have to go to her house and squeeze her head to get her "insurance" to cough up some money.

My brother Tom will probably be upset at this news, as he has been all over me about getting the "pimp" interior lights available for the Scion XB if I were to get a new one. (Two blue light bars under the dash and blue cup-holder illumination. My life has been barren without it.) And Jose is worried that the car won't be as safe for our girls now that it's been mangled once.

I'm worried about the safety factor, too. But, as we can't afford to get a Mercedes or some other expensive car with a through-the-roof safety rating, the resurrected 'Shoe will have to do. I'm hoping that the mechanics can reassure me after I talk with them. If not, perhaps I'll have to suck up the money lost and trade it in for a new 'Shoe. Or perhaps a military-issue amphibious assault vehicle--at least until we leave Florida. Having bullet-proof armored plating and a cannon might be a good thing for the next two years....

4 comments:

MJFredrick said...

So the Scion was pretty mangled, huh? Kinda scary. And almost $6000 to repair? Yow.

Maybe an old steel car....

Tracy Montoya said...

Yeah, it was pretty mangled. I'm still liking the amphibious assault vehicle. Except I hear they get really bad mileage, and I don't want to be a global warming jerk....

MJFredrick said...

LOL - we have one amphibiouos assualt vehicle and the Scion. So we balance ;) I drove 50 miles a day, so I get the Scion.

Tracy Montoya said...

No, I REALLY meant an amphibious assault vehicle. Like with a cannon. And the ability to veer off the road and swim if necessary when avoiding idiot drivers. ; D

About Me

My photo
Tracy Montoya writes romantic suspense for Harlequin Intrigue.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter