Tuesday, February 19, 2008

New Cover!



I just found the cover for my April Intrigue, I'll Be Watching You, up on Amazon, so I thought I'd share it here. It's always such a shock to get these things, because the people never look like they do in my head. Never in my wildest dreams was my hero so ... shiny.

The shiny hero in question would be Daniel Cardenas, a Monterey, CA, police detective and computer genius who is investigating the possible return of the Surgeon, the presumed-dead serial killer from my 2004 Intrigue, Maximum Security. If anyone out there remembers that long-ago book, this is, finally, Adriana Torres's story. I meant to do it ages ago, but I got sidetracked when my editors asked for an unrelated three-book series (the Mission: Family series), and then I went and did two stand-alone spin-offs after that.

Anyway, I requested a sunset, because I LOVE sunset covers. But Danny Boy really never tears his shirt off while he's investigating anything in the book. Maybe I should consider having my heroes do that more often, though....

What do you all think? I'm just counting my blessings that he doesn't look like one of the Village People....

4 comments:

Cathy in AK said...

He does have a bit of a gold sheen, not unlike an Oscar award, but I'd buff him any time, if ya know what I mean ;)

Your MAXIMUM SECURITY was the first book of your I read and loved it. Oh, read KEEPING SECRETS too and loved it as well! I'll be picking up this one in April.

Tracy Montoya said...

GAH! I still need to send out your books! I hate going to the PO, so I haven't gone since you won them. I do need to get my mom's birthday present off today or tomorrow, so I'll get them out then.

Thanks for liking my books, Cathy! I'm glad you're enjoying the December book.

MA said...

He looks like he's all oiled up for a body building competition. I'm reminded of that Gold's Gym commercial with the wrestler who's practicing his poses and then slips in front of the hot chicks he's trying to impress because he's so slicked up...

Oh, that didn't sound at all dirty. :p

Tracy Montoya said...

I haven't seen that commercial, Ma. It sounds hilarious!

About Me

My photo
Tracy Montoya writes romantic suspense for Harlequin Intrigue.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter